be a peace keeper
Ah, the holdays are coming. . . and all that that entails, with high expectations, family gatherings, and of course, peace and joy throughout the world. Right?
Today I came across this article on RealSimple.com that might be useful in the next couple of months, or really any time of year, to keep lines of communication open and flowing more peacefully:
10 Things to Say to Keep the Peace by Laurie Puhn
Here’s a quick summary, but please read the article for more background:
- Thank you for your opinion. I’ll think about it.
- Is this a good time for you?
- Would you like my thoughts?
- Why don’t we get the facts?
- I need your help. Can you please. . . ?
- Let’s wait on this until we have more information.
- What did you mean by that?
- I don’t like that, so why don’t we do this instead?
- I’m sorry you’re upset.
- Let me get back to you.
What about you? What helps you keep the peace?
Wishing you peaceful gatherings and connections this season.